[TriLUG] A friend of mine shared this article with me--commentsanyone??

Robert L Martin robertlmarti at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 8 21:02:32 EST 2001

maybe i'm just irritable cos i'm working on a saturday night, but
personally, i get enough mass-media linux stories on the various news
sites. on this list, i like to hear the q+a and first hand experiences
and
reviews by triluggers, but not forwards from other sources. but that may

be just me.

The point is valid though:
If "we" are to 'demystify linux for the mass market' we will need to
realize that
"DOS"  has/ will have no meaning to 98% of the raw newbies within 5
years
so CLI stuff will be a lot harder to the PostXP Newbie. Me im the kind
of guy
that does know a bit about bash but a few times bash is what i want to
do to
my computer (since some Stone Age Linux Programmer) didn't remember KISS

(or thinks that is a Rock band)

--
Robert LaurenceMartin