[TriLUG] Looking for a local Solaris Users Group

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Dec 14 10:20:14 EST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> Roy asks:
> > Does anyone know of a local Solaris Users Group?
>
> Roy, not specifically Solaris, and not for users, but there is NC*SA.  This
> is for Sys Admins in general, and while I haven't participated in awhile, I
> think there is a lot of Solaris expertise there.  Unfortunately the mailing
> lists were pretty dead, and I don't think there were a lot of help requests
> going back & forth.  The meetings may be very different, but I was never
> able to make it to one.

Some may remember that last month TriLUG joint-sponsored a meeting with
NC*SA.  And this month's meeting was this Monday on embedded Linux... it
was pretty interesting.  The NC*SA folks strike me as a somewhat stuffy
crowd... they did their best to get out of there in an hour; and had much
less "networking" and heckling.  They were supposedly having elections
for the steering committee, but no one was nominated.  The fact that
mailing list is pretty dead doesn't surprise me based on that.  But you
could probably still find someone with Solaris expertise.

FYI, their web site is http://www.ncsysadmin.org/

> Speaking of meetings, did I miss the announcement for last night's
> meeting???

It came across sort of last-minute.  But the meetings are always the
second Thursday of every month, so you really have no excuse!  :)

--Jeremy