[TriLUG] Scripting Users Group?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Dec 14 10:43:49 EST 2001

Brent Verner wrote:

> [2001-12-14 08:28] rpjday at mindspring.com said:
> |
> | > +1 : code at trilug.org?

+1, good idea

> I don't think the purpose would be to fully cover any of the available
> languages.  There are existing channels for full-strength support,
> but then, there's never a chance to actually meet most of the /people/
> on full-strength lists, since they're literally from all over the
> world.

[*snip*]

> Programming on linux is, IMOHO, an activity that could be effectively
> covered by a local list, much the same as trilug@ adequately services
> local linux users.

+1, one list for all "coding" and refer advanced questions to, for
instance, news:comp.lang.c++.moderated, etc.

Given the size of this group, splintering email lists would result
in, what, five or less people on each list...?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>