[TriLUG] cheap system recomendation??

Robert Weeks robert at woozy.com
Wed Dec 19 14:40:35 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm thinking of throwing together a new cheap system to run Linux on. I
don't want any bells and whistles, no sound, no gaming, etc. I already have
6 systems here that can cover those bases. So I was thinking of picking this
up:

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3149750/

I already have all of the other parts here to complete the system. Is there
any reason that this wouldn't work as a decent, plain vanilla, workhorse
Linux box? I imagine I'll probably put RH 7.2 on it.

I'm also open to recommendations of other systems in roughly the same price
rage.

Thanks,

Robert