[TriLUG] cheap system recomendations??

John J Green jjgreen at employees.org
Wed Dec 19 15:53:30 EST 2001

A mixed recommendation for micropro.  It was rated decently,
let me build my box with almost exactly the components I wanted
at just about the best price I could find.  Box came with damaged
case (from assembly, not shipping) and wrong OS installed.

I shipped the box back to get it fixed (they sent a Fedex
shipping label).  No problem.

Later, video card went bad.  Spent almost a week calling on-site
support and regular support, with no response.  Got response within
two days once I emailed their support address.  A little more
confusion, and they finally sent a new card.

Upside: Good prices, good component selection.
Downside: Support