[TriLUG] parted?

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 23 18:13:13 EST 2001

For my partitioning needs, I've used Partition Magic in the past...with
good results.  Mostly I liked it because it was easy to move/resize
partitions...and since it was a DOS tool...I could do it outside of whatever
OS I did (or didn't) have on the machine.

I downloaded the GNU parted boot disk...which provides a lightweight
Linux boot disk with parted for editing partitions.  I played with it a
little and it seemed quite usable.

So is this a good, reliable tool for this purpose?  Should I consider
any other alternatives?  Any gotchas I should aviod?

TIA,
Chris

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com