[TriLUG] sharing dialup-56k via linux

Errol Casey errol-list-trilug at boo-bear.com
Wed Dec 26 12:35:23 EST 2001

Has anybody had an experience, setting up a linux
box to act as a gateway for a 56K dialup connection.

I will be relocating and will move back to dialup
for a few months, from my current RoadRunner setup.

I would like to be able to have more than my linux
box share the 56K modem connection. If possible, I would
also like to setup the linux box to do on demand dialing.
I think this is part of pppd now. It has been over a year
since I had to use PPP.

--
Programmer (n): A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate objects.