[TriLUG] A final solution to the reply to issue

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 12:10:52 EST 2002

How about this.  Instead of people complaining and saying "turn it on"
or 'turn it off"  (I have my own personal opinion from working on the
POI project) how about this:

We have a great deal of talent here and much of it unutilized.  I'd do
this myself but I've be negligent due to my > 80 emails answered this
morning (I need to get some more POI written :-P).  Why doesn't someone
enhance whatever (I assume opensource) mail program we're using to allow
it to be turned on and off on a personal basis instead  of a list
basis.  This way stupid people like me who just hit reply get what they
need and my betters can have their response as well.

I realize there are many issues surrounding this and nothing is ever
"that simple" but I'm confident that at the very least it would be a
more productive discussion than "turn it off" and "turn it on".

That being said.  Emacs sucks bigtime and vi is king (and has been for
many many years).

-Andy
--
www.superlinksoftware.com