[TriLUG] a trend at trilug meetings

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Fri Jan 11 09:54:26 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 09:42, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> I would have been happier with 30 minutes more flowe, and
> 30 minutes less of 'so what else did we do last year, guys'.

*ding*

Give that man a cigar. :^)

Honestly, I didn't catch all the details about last night's speaker, but
he seemed to indicate that he'd done all the work (or at least a great
deal of it) on that desktop. I don't know how y'all saw it, but if he
did all of that alone since 1998, then I was impressed and wanted to
learn a good deal more about it, especially since he had it running
right there in the room. For the amount of work he's put into it, I felt
we gave him far less respect than he deserved, not only in the amount of
time we gave him, but also the amount of background chatter that was
going on while he was trying to talk. And although I regret to say it,
the steering committee doesn't always set the best example in this
regard. *hides*

The rambling was more pronounced at last night's meeting than at any
other I've been to. If it continues in that manner, I'd be much less
inclined to go to TriLUG meetings. :^|

Ah well. Flame on. ;^)

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\