[TriLUG] an increasingly annoying trend at trilug meetings

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Jan 11 13:37:51 EST 2002

Kevin said:
> So, in all honesty, how would you go about this? One of the reasons
> people attend TriLUG meetings is because our meetings are interesting,
> informative, and somewhat (I think) fun. While we do have a general idea
> as to how things should flow, each speaker has a different way of
> presenting. I like a much looser approach, while others prefer a
> flat-out lecture.

The semi-chaotic nature of the LUG used to bother me too but now I embrace
it.  Our average day is too full of order, politics, agendas, etc.  The
evening is time to wind down and have some fun.  The meetings may run over a
bit but if we're taking votes I don't mind the way things are run now.  I
think Kevin & the SC has done a pretty good job of balancing the social
aspect of our meetings with moving the agenda along.