[TriLUG] kpilot (Palm Pilot under KDE/Linux)

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sun Jan 13 17:19:44 EST 2002

Chris -

Funny, I do it often now with my new Visor, and aside from having to get
the USB port def *JUST RIGHT* under gnomehide, it works most of the
time.

I say most of the time because gpilotd seems to be a bit wonky yet.

Anyway, if you want to try out gnome and use RedHat, I recommend using
gnomehide from ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/ - this is gnome 2.0 compiled
for RHL 7.2 by an RH employee, so it uses the current libs from the
distro. It also tends to be a bit more compatible with RHL 7.2, since it
doesn't replace half the apps with -ximian builds (causing, I might add,
no end of pain if you use up2date), nor force yuo to use redcarpet from
then on to get Gnome updates.

I need to update my pilot talk for new devices - like my Visor - and
give it again.
--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001