[TriLUG] Re: VNC questions -

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 14 11:57:16 EST 2002

OK, I did this and "iptables -L" indicates that it is working fine,
however it does not appear the the VNC server is running.

/etc/services
vnc-640x480x8   5950/tcp                        # vnc server IP
vnc-800x600x8   5951/tcp                        # vnc server IP
vnc-800x600x16  5952/tcp                        # vnc server IP

/etc/xinetd.d/vnc-640x480x8

# default: off
#
#       server                  = /usr/bin/Xvnc

service vnc-640x480x8
{
        disable                 = no
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = nobody
        server                  = /usr/bin/Xvnc
        server_args             = -inetd -broadcast -once -geometry
640x480 -depth 8
        log_on_success          += USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
}