[TriLUG] borland

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 20:55:57 EST 2002

Open letter to the Borland developer community  - by Dale Fuller

Abstract:An open letter from Dale Fuller to the Borland developer
community regarding Borland's new product licensing agreement(s)

To our current and future customers,

At Borland we value the relationship we have with our customers and the
developer community. This is a special relationship that we have enjoyed
for more than 18 years. Therefore the recent letters and articles
expressing issue with Borland's new product license agreement are of
particular concern to us.

Borland delivers products that are sold individually and in volume to
major enterprise customers. The new end user license agreement
mistakenly contains language that is specific to enterprise volume
customers. This language is industry standard boilerplate for enterprise
licenses, but it should not have been included in the individual product
licenses. This was an error on our part and is in the process of being
fixed.

Borland remains committed to the Borland Nation of developers. We
appreciate the community’s continued interest in and passion for Borland
products.

Sincerely,
dale

--