[TriLUG] iptables/ipchains (WAS: Security woes)

That One Guy trilug at ichi.net
Fri Jan 18 09:40:49 EST 2002

Look in directory /etc/xinet.d and you will see several files (one for each
service controlled by xinetd).  Each file has among other lines something
like "disable = yes".  For the services you want to turn ON make that line
say "disable = no".

Don't forget to restart xinetd when you're done with "/etc/init.d/xinetd
restart"

HTH,
TOG