[TriLUG] iptables/ipchains (WAS: Security woes)

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Fri Jan 18 11:31:00 EST 2002

Okey, confession time.

First big thanks go out to Lisa, Jon, and "That One Guy". Thanks for the
help and the learning experience. What did I learn? START AT THE SIMPLE
STUFF FIRST (KISS principle).

I didn't have the services installed (my stupid), and thanks to Lisa, I
found that out (KISS principle 1st step, make sure the services are
installed).  "That One Guy" showed me how to verify the services were
running once installed, and of course, Jon with his guru SSH guidance.

Thanks again for the help. Man what a great bunch of LUG'gers! I can now
work from home. :)

Now if I can just figure out VNC.....(hint, hint)