[TriLUG] Installing Oracle 9i on SuSE 7.2

Al Koscielny alko at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 11:49:30 EST 2002

On Friday 25 January 2002 19:39, you wrote:
> yes and no. I had a similar message when I tried to install Blackdown's
> java 1.3 onto suse7.2. I finally went back and use sax2 to install the IBM
> version of java 1.2. If you are sure java is properly installed on the
> machine why not try setting up a link to the directory the ora9i installer
> is looking.
The Oracle installer pulls a jre from
Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8.0.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded and puts
it in /tmp/. Under the bin and lib, there's only a i686 directory.
/proc/cpuinfo for an AMD K6-2 reports cpu family 5.  If I copy a jre
executable to bin/i586 and library to lib/i586, the installer will start up
and run through the installation.

The requirements in the release notes at
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/pdf/9i_lin_relnotes.pdf
lists a Pentium II, 233 MHz as the minimum processor.
--
Al Koscielny
alko at nc.rr.com