[TriLUG] Question about "modprobe: modprobe: Can't locatemodulesound-slot-0"

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 28 12:42:34 EST 2002

Nope, nothing sound or audio like in /etc/rd.d/init.d.

I want to make the server shut up about it (not that it's making much
noise without a soundcard <VBG>) but I want do do it in the "right" way
too.  My predecessor was rolling out some Windows servers and said "it's
normal for them to have errors on startup."  Not a good answer -- even
for Windows.  I don't want to paint myself into the same corner when I
start making these Linux servers "live."  :-)