[TriLUG] Question about "modprobe: modprobe: Can't locatemodulesound-slot-0"

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 14:55:11 EST 2002

Well you should be able to look at the boot order and see when the error
occurs.  That should tip you off as to what is starting up and attempting to
launch the sound card module.

I've had great luck with grep-ing through the system files using a script:

for i in `find /etc -type f `
do
  grep -Hi "sound-slot" $i
done

On my system it points to /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit  and it looks like the system
is expecting a sound card of some kind by default.

Jon Carnes