[TriLUG] Question about "modprobe: modprobe: Can't locatemodulesound-slot-0"

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 31 08:15:48 EST 2002

Sorry but I have a follow-up question here.  I installed another linux
box on the same hardware (Dell 2400).  This second box also has no sound
card.  I forgot that when we installed the alpha test server, we got the
following errors in KDE:

Sound server informatoinal message:
Error while initializing sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device
[checkbox] Do not show this message again

This error comes up for every user until they check the box.

The same modules error appears as well.