[TriLUG] February Meeting

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Jan 28 18:47:51 EST 2002

[Tanner Lovelace]
> Now, I will take exception to this statement.  Durham is not that
> bad a place.  If you think it is, then go ahead and stay in Raleigh
> because we don't want you here!

While Durham has its nice spots, having gone to NCSSM (co 92, admittedly),
I can assure you that Waltown (sp?) and various places along Club are,
in fact, not where you'll be taking kids for a stroll past 8pm.

Waltown and Club Blvd made up 95% or more of the attempted (most
successful) muggings of my fellow SMers, so while painting Durham with
a generalization isn't fair, neither is pretending that the crime rates
_in_ _that_ _area_ are any lower than reality.

James
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4