[TriLUG] konqueror and ecommerce

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Jan 28 14:11:40 EST 2002

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 10:19 pm, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> From: "M. Mueller/bhu5nji" <bhu5nji at yahoo.com>
>
> >Twice I've tried to purchase something online using Konqueror.  Twice the
> >form was rejected for information in a pull-down menu: state and country
> >for
> >example.  Once I abandoned the purchase and just now (2nd time) I used
> >mozilla and completed the transaction.
> >
> >Does anyone have a Konqueror work-around or solution to the problem
> >described?
>
> All what I can say you is that I made my Xmas shopping on-line with
> Konqueror (KDE 2.2.2 / TexStar RPMs / Mandrake 8.1 ) and everything went OK

I have had trouble with some forms that seem to dynamically resize or adjust
the permitted values in one field based on another.  (I think that one of
Road Runner's pages did this to me, for example.)  A list of cities in a
drop-down has values that depend on the choice of a state in another
drop-down.  I suppose that there's some sort of javascript that fills the
values for the second drop-down.  Unfortunately, the fields can resize after
the first value is selected, causing the second drop-down to be covered and
unselectable.  In those cases, my form submission always fails.

---Tom