[TriLUG] backing up to hard drives instead of tape?

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Tue Jan 29 15:12:22 EST 2002

Used to do it all the time at my previous job, but it was with hardware
designed to do that (EMC SAN disk arrays.)  There are other suggestions
for doing hard drive backups over a network here:
(http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20010301101634.C18043@zgp.org.html) that
I've always thought of as an interesting approach.

Veritas also has a NetBackup module that does differing levels of backup
to disk vs tape..

Peace.

john