[TriLUG] "taxation without representation"

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 01:00:26 EST 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 12:00 am, you wrote:

> Thoughts?

Me too. Business owner. No more M$.

I read that in the 1960s, the US gov mandated that each time a computer was
purchased, a different vendor was picked.  Pretty soon, there were lot's of
computers that could not talk to each other. Then a fellow by the name of
J.C.R. Licklider decided that computers should be able to communicate
regardless of the manufacturer.  Then came ARPAnet followed by DARPA who
funded UCB from which sprang sockets.  You know the rest.

WWW and email.  M$ is one of the evil axis powers lulling people into
stupidity.  The US and State govenments should mandate the use of freely
available software whenever a reasonable alternative exists.  Plenty exist
today.  Paying for WIndows and Office products with my tax dollars must stop.

Mike Mueller