[TriLUG] Simple Mail Server Quesiton

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Thu Jan 31 09:01:38 EST 2002

Or, if you are making mods to the sendmail.mc file and compiling it
using m4 rather than directly to the sendmail.cf file, you need to add
the following macros then recompile sendmail.cf:

MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')

The first does what you are asking.  The second tells sendmail to apply
the masquerading to the smtp envelope information in addition to the
From: line.

Mike

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:11:02AM -0500, H. Wade Minter wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Rick Steeves wrote:
>
> > Still working on IMAP and POP (mostly working, except that I can telnet to
> > it and it works, but Eudora won't talk to it, and web mail very close), but
> > I have one quirky thing that's driving me nuts, and that is that when I
> > send mail
> > the From: field says user at hostname.domainname.com instead of
> > suer at domainname.com. I'm sure it's something simple somewhere, but I'm
> > missing it.
>
> You can change the following line in sendmail.cf from
> # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
> DM

> # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
> DMmydomain.com

Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org