[TriLUG] Linux laptop battery

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 3 16:41:12 EST 2002

There is a very simple way to solve this problem. Simply find someone who
has a battery that will work on your computer and swap the two batteries. If
the problems go away, Yes--your battery was bad!!
     But I'm surprised that you don't have more than one battery already.
Here's why. Batteries are notoriously famous for dying just when you need
them the most. Hence they should always be bought in pairs and they should
be properly charged and discharged with the best charger you can afford. I
have a list of 800 numbers you can call to purchase rechargeable batteries
usually for less than you can buy them locally. Yes, there are companies
that not only sell nothing but batteries for computers, cellphones, and lots
of other things you probably don't need, AND even better there are also some
companies which can even REBUILD lots of the batteries that are used in
portable computers, etc. Sometimes they can open the cases and replace the
batteries in them and you get new batteries in your old case for just the
cost of the new batteries!!
You simply call them on the phone and tell them the numbers on the battery
you want replaced or repaired. If you want this info, I'll be happy to post
it for you.--AL
P.S. I have no financial interest in any of these companies!!  The reason I
know about them is that amateur radio operators use lots of rechargeable
batteries!!