[TriLUG] MS Office and Linux

Joseph C. Tuttle tuttle at webster.campbell.edu
Wed Feb 13 15:22:26 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:43:27 -0500
gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

> I'm was perusing KDE's website and saw they have released KOffice 1.1.1.  Has anyone out there tried this office competitor out yet?
>
> I would like to migrate my work laptop (Compaq Armada) to Linux but I'm certain this would cause all kinds of parnoid responses from the MS choked IT squad at Lucent.
>
> Greg

I've got Applixware 5.0, and it has actually done the best job for me in handling MS documents.  I've tried StarOffice 5.2, KOffice 1.1, and AbiWord 0.7, but Appixware seems best.  I've never yet been able to get KWord to print properly, whether it is a converted document or a nativelt created document.  The only problem with Applixware 5.0 is that it is not available anymore.  I believe the new product is called AnyWare.

Joe