[TriLUG] RH 7.2, KDE 2.2, why does KDM preferred background get changed by Red Hat?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Feb 19 17:04:43 EST 2002

I am building a terminal server for folks to use.  I changed the preferred
background using the KDE control panel.  When I log out, and KDM restarts,
the correct background shows for a couple of seconds.  Then, it is wiped out
by that default Red Hat background.  This background is not anywhere in the
configuration file that I can see, or in the prefdm script.  How is Red Hat
circumventing the sysadmin preferences and how do you get around it?