[TriLUG] Don't get involved in Trilug...you might post *gasp* off topic.

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 20 15:47:37 EST 2002

Well, I agree that some order needs to be made out of the chaos AND
overwhelming amount of information on this particular list.
    For example, I'm really tired reading about server problems, when I'm
really interested only in LINUX desktops and their problems. Could we at
least segregate these two topics which seem on the face of it to be
radically different subjects?

Moreover, if we're going to split the "big list" into smaller lists, could
someone please give A LIST of the different "lists" with a small discussion
of what their subjects are??  A sort of List of the Lists, as it were, or in
other words a "meta-list"??

That way if you have a specific question, you can go where the group most
interested in your problem is located.

Having said this, I still think there is a place for a COMMON LIST where
people could post a question which they don't know where it belongs and
others could direct him/her to the best list for obtaining help.
   Keep in mind that I'm still a newbie and still not totally familiar with
all the structure of the Tri-Lug group. This would seem to make a great
program topic in and of itself, but I'd rather hear a talk on RPM :-)
Al  Johnson