[TriLUG] Debian question

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 09:10:14 EST 2002

Is Debian falling behind the other main distros (RH, Mandrake, SUSE)?  I pick
up hints that this is the case in things that I read and overhear.  Several
months ago I had some mysterious mainboard problems usings Debian Potato that
did not exist with RH6.1 (straight out of the box).  That experience put the
question into my head.  Then I just read Mr. Chen's post that the ext3 stuff
is unofficially in the Debian.

Are the "for profit" distros able to apply more resources to staying current?

Disclaimer:  I know that distro questions can ignite passions similar to the
way editor questions ignite passions.  My interest is dispassionate.  Please
feel free to release passion nonetheless.  I would love to use Debian.  I
think the Debian user list rocks.  But I am inadequate and I just couldn't
make the distro work on some of my newsest hardware.  But there is this
nagging question in the back of my mind that I ask this group to help me sort
out.  (Donning flame suit).

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.