[TriLUG] ifconfig?

John Reuning jreuning at email.unc.edu
Sat Feb 23 15:27:53 EST 2002

I use an ibm thinkpad with a cisco wireless card and frequently issue "apm
-s" to put the machine to sleep.  The weird thing is that sometimes when I
wake it up, the wireless card switches from its normal eth1 to eth0.  eth0
is the onboard ethernet interface and has a static IP address assigned to
it.

When exhibiting this odd behaviour after waking the laptop up, an "ifup
eth1" does nothing.  However, "ifup eth0" works fine.  Sometimes I can even
put it back to sleep, and when I wake it up, the interfaces will be
switched again.  Hah!

-John R.

--On Saturday, February 23, 2002 01:28:23 PM -0500 James Manning