[TriLUG] ifconfig?

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Sat Feb 23 13:28:23 EST 2002

[john broome]
> What is the commandline linux equivilant of ipconfig /release & /renew?
>
> After the laptop comes back from standby my wireless connection is
> down.  I do ifconfig and I can see the loopback connection but eth0
> isn't there.

IMHO, the best way to deal with this is /etc/sysconfig/apmd.

There's a whole host of settings for getting things to act better
if they're broken on suspend/resume.

Especially useful in this case should be:

# If NET_RESTART is set to yes, the network will be shut down at suspend and
# restarted at resume.
# This is especially useful if you're using DHCP, but usually won't hurt.
NET_RESTART="yes"

HTH, HAND

James
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4