[TriLUG] (no subject)

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 11:11:36 EST 2002

On Monday 25 February 2002 08:13 am, you wrote:
> Hi there, I've just tried to put a new hard drive in my Sony Vaio laptop;
> yes you've guessed it, the system couldn't 'find' it. Something to do with
> partitions and bios I understand.

Are you trying to reinstall Linux?  I assume you wanted a bigger disk and
that your current disk is not defective.  Is that correct?

(I am NOT an expert; ah, you guessed!)
> So, I tried to put the old drive back in; same response. Can anyone help,
> I'm lost without my machine.

You'll have to post the messages the system prints.

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.