Linux project (was Re: [TriLUG] making a disk image)

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 11:35:06 EST 2002

In the usual sense, yes, I am the only one working for the company at this
time.  I have a VP who is mainly a consultant and the voice of fiscal reality
at this time.

In the wider sense, TriLUG provides invaluable support.  I also have a
supplier on whom I depend for survival.  I have several clients who are
egging me on based on their own self-interest  (where does that expression
"egging on" come from?  Actions based on its literal interpretation might
render results contrary those expected under its customary interpretation.).

I am learning to build income producing opportunities from services rendered
using OS (GNU/Linux in particular), and by selling a product that I am
building that is carefully crafted to avoid dependence on GPL'd programs and
code.  If I am successful, this new income stream will fund developer
contracts and OS support.  In the N&O article where I was interviewed, the
author Christina Dyrness describes Robin Miller's position that "free"
software is really subsidized software.  I agree with that position.  My goal
is to find and channel funding toward subsidizing OS.

Questions and comments specific to Signalnetware should be directed to:
mmueller at signalnetware.com
www.signalnetware.com

Mike M.

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.