Linux project (was Re: [TriLUG] making a disk image)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 27 12:23:05 EST 2002

"Egging on" is to keep someone moving.  In days of yore it was used to keep
undesirable folks moving on.  You might help them decide to relocate by
hurling garbage or eggs at them.

It might help to point out that eggs have been used for a variety of
purposes through out history.  One such use was similar to the modern water
balloon.  Eggs were often hollowed out and refilled with various other
substances: confetti, perfume, ode de skunk, slime...etc. and then plugged
with wax or something similar.  An early version of Russian Roulette
involved thirteen eggs.  Some were filled with confetti, some water, and one
with a particularly vile smelling substance. Friends would take turns
cracking the eggs over each others heads...

So go ahead and egg on your friends!