[TriLUG] Quick question about time syncing to linux servers

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 12:17:24 EST 2002

You can run xntpd on the Linux box, per earlier discussions.  Setup xntpd
to allow incoming connections from the NT box.

Then, for the NT box, download a shareware utility such as
"SocketWatch" (
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3356748-100-8199781.html )

Configure that utility to connect to the Linux box to update the time (or
by default, SocketWatch will update with public NTP servers.)

--Jeremy