[TriLUG] Quick question about time syncing to linux servers

Andy Hart wahart at portbridge.com
Wed Feb 27 12:24:22 EST 2002

Thanks, I'll try that.

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-admin at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-admin at trilug.org]On Behalf Of
Jeremy P
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 12:17 PM
To: trilug at trilug.org
Subject: RE: [TriLUG] Quick question about time syncing to linux servers

You can run xntpd on the Linux box, per earlier discussions.  Setup xntpd
to allow incoming connections from the NT box.

Then, for the NT box, download a shareware utility such as
"SocketWatch" (
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3356748-100-8199781.html )

Configure that utility to connect to the Linux box to update the time (or
by default, SocketWatch will update with public NTP servers.)

--Jeremy