[TriLUG] Proxim RangeLAN-DS 802.11b

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Thu Feb 28 09:33:35 EST 2002

I'm looking into 802.11b wireless for my home.  I've seen the Linksys and
Lucent Orinocco cards recommended in previous list posts.  A (non-linux user)
friend recommended the Proxim RangeLAN-DS 802.11b and I've noticed that they
are about 50% of the cost of the Linksys or Orinocco cards (
http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/proxran80wir.html ).

Any recommendations for or against using the Proxim RangeLAN-DS 802.11b
under Linux?  (I'm running the 2.4.10 kernel on my home machines.  I only
need to cover ~700 sqft so cost is a higher priority than range.)

Thanks.