[TriLUG] RH 7.1 weirdness

lug at localhost.localdomain lug at localhost.localdomain
Thu Feb 28 20:18:57 EST 2002

You need the talk server RPM.  Pick up a copy off the CD, or your nearest
RedHat mirror.

The actual talk daemons are at - /usr/sbin/in.ntalkd and
/usr/sbin/in.talkd once installed.  You might also want to read up on
xinetd because the talk daemon is spawned by it.

You could check your system out quickly to see if the talk server is
installed by running -

rpm -qa|grep talk-ser

...and it should find talk-server if it's installed.

HTH.

...Mad