[TriLUG] DocBook for Dummies

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 11:18:21 EST 2002

I've read the Intros to :

DocBook: The Defintive Guide
LDP: LDP Author Guide

I've scanned : http://www.jimweller.net/jim/dbxmlqs/index.html

I've misplaced the docbook guide ref. from this list for the 2nd time.
<Hangs head in shame.>

I am not encouraged by having to compile documents, but I see the value and I
like the output.  I already maintain 2 web sites using vi and having a tool
like DocBook is very cool.

At this point, three questions standout that I would submit to this august
group:

1. A DocBook source is created using a text editor and typing in both tags
and content. Is this the best way?

2. How is spell checking accomplished?

3. The installation of DocBook is not automated, is it?

TIA,

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.