[TriLUG] Question on mouse problems with a kvm and X

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 19 20:25:29 EST 2002

Hi Ben, how's it going?

There's a FAQ regarding this problem on the Belkin web page.  They
recommend using only the PS/2 driver as well.

I recently had to get one of these for work, and ran into the same problem.

A slightly faster workaround, if you really like using the scroll wheel,
is to switch to a different virtual terminal, and then switch back to X.
  At least this way you don't lose everything you're doing in XFree86.

Specifically, <Alt-F1> followed by <Alt-F7> restores the mouse without
killing your X session.

Another tip they make is to wait a few seconds before doing anything,
after you switch the KVM switch.  I haven't found this to help much.

Enjoy,

                                         Scott