[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.2 and xine

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Wed Mar 20 14:56:38 EST 2002

Just finished installing Mandrake 8.2 - pretty slick so far.  I was pleased
to see that xine is included in their distro.  I had previously attempted
installing xine on RHL7.2 but gave up after a few hours and went with ogle
(MUCH easier to install).

Anyway, I popped "The Matrix" in the drive,  launched xine, selected DVD and
pressed play.  Instead of a movie I got an error:

- xine engine error -
There is no available plugin available to
handle 'dvd://VIDEO_TS.VOB'.

I'm 99% sure this is because Mandrake has elected not to include the css
plugin in their distro (for obvious reasons).  Mandrake also has little to
say about the issue on their support site.

My question:
What do I need to install to make the plugin in question available?

Thanks,
Geoff