[TriLUG] co-lo or at home?

Richard O. Hammer ROHammer at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 23 10:35:03 EST 2002

More --
I have Sprint residential DSL service, in Hillsborough,
although Sprint evidently has some deal with Earthlink which
makes Earthlink my ISP.

One thing I've found about Sprint's service, which surprised
and pleased me, is that each of my two computers, connected in
a LAN hub and thence to the DSL modem, can get its own
dynamically assigned IP address.  They do not limit me to just
one IP address at a time.

With the great world wide shortage on IP addresses, I can
gobble up two here all by my lonesome.  Should I feel guilty?