[TriLUG] Backing up remote systems

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 28 17:28:06 EST 2002

It depends on where the servers are located.  I use NFS for a lot of backup's
that are all on internal machines.  To backup external boxes, I use tar/ncftp
to put the files onto my external FTP server (with a big honken IDE drive for
incoming files), and then the FTP server is replicated to my internal backup
server via rsync/ssh.

Be happy to share by setup and scripts with any and all.

Jon

 --- Original Message: Wednesday 27 March 2002 04:38 pm ---