[TriLUG] BIND 4 Help

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 6 20:30:12 EST 2002

I am trying to get BIND 4 running on my Sparc IPX with OpenBSD 3.1
snapshot (Yes, I know it isn't Linux, but it is Open Source :)
I am trying to set it up to cache for all domains and provide dns for my
small private network.  I chose BIND 4 as that is the default with
OpenBSD and it is supposedly better analyzed from a security standpoint
by the OBSD team.  So, anyway, I have all the files edited and I type
'ndc start'.  Nothing happens, no messages in the logs that I have
found, no named processes, nothing.

Anyone willing to take a look at the files?  I don't want to send the
files to the list as that seems to be a waste of bandwidth :)

I thought about using BIND 8 as the library has the "DNS & BIND" book
from O'Reilly, but it doesn't cover BIND 4 in this version and I don't
really want to add BIND 8 to the system...

Thanks,
Bill