[TriLUG] Crossover Office runs Office2K very well.

karl thiele karlthiele at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 8 21:55:18 EDT 2002

Been quite a while since I have posted here.

The last product I was really impressed with was/is Vmware, In the
company I work for, Office2K is the standard and I have run it via
vmware. But I have tried and bought Crossover Office.I have now used it
for about 10 days and it runs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage and
OutLook very well, almost perfect. The paper clip does not work, oh
darn! Thier web page is very accurate describing the completeness of the
features. The support/bug list is on line as well as all responces.

There are also plugin support. windows media works.... QuickTime...

I do not often get excited about a product, but it has been wonderful so
far. It is also faster than W2K, Excel starts up in about 5 seconds.
Cost is $59 for Crossover Office and $29 for pulgin support. Yes this is
built on wine, best I have seen, I have not run wine for over 2 years
because I ran Vmware, but I have not run vmware now since I bought
crossover.

Go check it out!  I now see no reason for a M$ desktop! Well visio....

for a review:

http://www.codeweavers.com/about/press_releases/?id=20020327