[TriLUG] Crossover Office runs Office2K very well.

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Apr 10 05:51:32 EDT 2002

On Dimecres 10 Abril 2002 03:43 am, karl thiele wrote:
> They are working on Office XP, which I imagine will be the last Office
> product that will be capable of being handle

If you happen to read the EULA on OfficeXP and many products "Designed for XP"
you will notice that you are not allowed to run those products outside
Windows.

If you remember, about 6 months ago I presented Kevin with a copy of an EULA
included with a Demo CD from Microsoft, where it explicitely said something
oin the lines : "... you can only view this information using Microsoft
products running on MS-Windows platform..."

So, even if it is possible to run OfficeXP on Codeweavers' Pluggin, that
action would break the license.

Also, at least some of newer Microsoft  development tools cannot be used to
develop OpenSource applications, even if they are designed for Windows.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"