[TriLUG] Accepting Nominations for the Next Steering Committee...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 12 10:42:38 EDT 2002

We will hold elections at the next meeting.  Please nominate any candidates
for the Steering Committee that you feel are worthy of our wonderful group!

A person can nominate themselves.

The Steering Committee consists of 5 TriLUG members elected to serve for one
year. Elections are held yearly at our May meeting.

There are no "fixed" positions in the Steering Committee - although a member
can certainly run for the SC on a platform that is specific to one position
(say Treasurer).  Once a new Steering Committee is elected, various duties
are assigned to each individual by internal vote of the SC.

The last chance to nominate someone to the SC will be at the beginning of the
next meeting.

Nominations for the 2002 Steering Committee will be closed at 7:10pm, May 9.
At that point, each nominated candidate will be asked to stand up and be
recognized.  The candidate may make a short speech and answer any questions
from the membership.

Once every candidate has had their say:
  - The names of each candidate will be written on the front display board
  - Ballots and pens will be passed out to all attending TriLUG members
  - Members will cast votes for 5 candidates on their ballots.
  - Ballots will be collected and counted
  - The 5 top candidates (receiving the most votes) will be announced at the
end of the meeting.  These members will be the newly elected Steering
Committee.

New Steering Committee members should meet with the outgoing members after
the meeting.  There is also a traditional transitional lunch that takes place
during the week following the elections.

NOTE:
  - Each member may vote for 5 candidates or less.
  - Any ballot containing more than 5 votes will not be counted.
  - Any illegible ballots will not be counted (good penmanship counts!).
  - You *must* be a registered member of TriLUG to vote.
  - NO NEW MEMBERS WILL BE REGISTERED ON THE DAY OF THE VOTE (until after the
voting has occurred).

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please email me (jonc at nc.rr.com) or
the Steering Committee (steering at trilug.org).

If you want to nominate someone anonymously, email me privately and I will
nominate them for you.

Show up at the next meeting. Vote well.  Vote wisely.  Vote once!

Jon Carnes