Houses (was Re: [TriLUG] Re: FUD alert!)

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Apr 22 12:48:19 EDT 2002

[Justin Johnson]
> Don't know what the specifics where  in your application, but I have been
> called to a job site in the area to terminate net cable in order for an
> electrical inspection to pass. So I can  make a difference. That particular
> instance was commercial construction rather than residential, so I guees
> residential is more lax.

Ok, this is getting off-topic from even being techie, but the current
project manager on the house is claiming my driveway (side-load garage)
will have to have a 3 degree slope for water run-off that would kill its
intended use by me as a basketball court (19 ft * sin(3 deg) ~= 1 ft).
Best explained here:

	http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=flavor&itemid=333689&thread=359801#t359801

( sorry if it wraps :(   )

The only thing I've found is that effective Jan 1, 2002, NC supposedly
adopted the International Residential Code by the ICC

	http://www.ibhs.org/building_codes/map_codes/residential_bldg_codes.asp?state=40
	http://www.intlcode.org/codes/irc.pdf
	http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=international+residential+code

But I'm so clueless on building codes that I'm kinda lost - I don't even
see how the driveway is covered by that code, so it may not even be the
relevant set of codes to dictate properties of the driveway.

Help! :)

James
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4