[TriLUG] Concerns about public mail archives (was: The Samba Question you posted about printing)

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Mon Apr 29 16:13:22 EDT 2002

I am a little concerned by the fact that the trilug mailing list archives
are publicly searchable. What are the chances of a web-spider type thing
harvesting our email addresses from these archives?

I have on two occasions received email from people not on the list
regarding questions I had posted on the list. I have no problem with
genuine email queries like that, but I dread the day that I start getting
spam at this address.

--
Peter Long
mailto:petelong at petelong.com