[TriLUG] Re: gpg/pgp keyservers?

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Apr 29 17:48:51 EDT 2002

[Dan Chen]
> I use wwwkeys.de.pgp.net.

That doesn't find his key either - I doubt any pgp.net ones have his key.
I'd imagine the disjoint is between *.pgp.net and keyserver.net, although
since mine made it over to keyserver.net from pgp.net, maybe it's just
one side of the 2-way road that's broken.

> > 1) do the keyservers talk to each other? - (gpg(1)'s --keyserver option
> >    sez "All keyservers synchronize with each other - so there is no need
> >    to send keys to more than one server.")
>
> Supposedly, but it doesn't appear to actually work that way. :-\

well, so it looks like pgp.net is somewhat authoritative - so what's
an authoritative listing of keyservers? :)

> > 2) if wwwkeys.pgp.net is deprecated, where are the various places I'll need
> >    to specify a different keyserver?
>
> Try the one I listed.

it has mine just fine, but still not his - maybe it's a time for
propogation thing, but since it's been 2 weeks, one would imagine..
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4